Need a Towing Service? Stuck next to the road?
A vehicle accident or breakdown never happens at a convenient time or place! A breakdown is an emergency for various personal safety- and financial reasons. The Towing Directory assist the motoring public and industry professionals with 24/7 access to case specific, specialist services and contact information across Southern Africa. Saving the user time and money regarding roadside emergency assistance and towing as well as negotiating the best terms for any towing requirements. Allowing professional towing operations to showcase their product offering to motorists and industry professionals alike.
Types of Recovery- and Towing vehicles, aka Breakdown, and their main uses:
- Slingback - allow quick response times and are usually used where the requirement is to tow small vehicles. Towing involves attaching a hook and chain to the axle of the vehicle, and then winching until the front of the vehicle is raised onto rubber slings so it can be towed safely.
- Wheel Lift Vehicles - a method of hooking up larger vehicles and even commercial trucks. A metal arm is utilized that slides around the front two wheels of the vehicle. Once secured and raised off the ground, the vehicle is ready to be towed.
- Rollback |Flatbed - the tow truck’s back or bed is lowered and a winch system will pull the vehicle onto the bed of the truck, once, the bed is levelled out and the vehicle secured, ready for transport. Utilized for accident damaged- or mechanical break downed vehicles that are not driveable.
- Heavy Rig Tow Truck - Commercial trucks, buses, trucks, heavy duty vehicles and earthmoving equipment are serviced by these types of towing trucks, also called Big "Rigs" with specialized recovery and towing equipment.
- Lowbed - Transportation of abnormal loads is done by experienced crews and specialized vehicles.
- Car Carriers - Custom built vehicle transporters (short, medium, and long-distance).